Tenure-track Position in Marketing Management
|Posted:||February 5, 2021|
|Deadline to Apply:||Posted until filled|
Tenure-track Position in Marketing Management
Located in downtown Toronto, the largest and most culturally diverse city in Canada and on the territory of the Anishinaabeg, Haudenosaunee and the Wendat Peoples, the Department of Marketing Management in the Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University invites applications for a tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor effective July 1, 2021, subject to final budgetary approval.
Ryerson University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. Recognizing the underrepresentation of members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged in employment in Canada, applications from qualified individual belonging to one or more of the following groups are particularly encouraged: First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, Black-identified persons, other racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
We are considering candidates researching in a variety of areas, including the following categories: B2B marketing, services marketing, marketing strategy, marketing communication, statistics and/or quantitative analysis, marketing innovation, sport and entertainment marketing, or candidates who have a research profile that fits with the school’s broader scholarly research and creative activity strategic plan. We are particularly excited by disruption research involving technological innovations in marketing. We also are strong in data analytics and welcome scholars who supplement our advantages.
The successful candidate will engage in a combination of teaching, research and service duties, maintaining an inclusive, equitable, and collegial work environment across all activities. Responsibilities will include: teaching a range of courses in the core curriculum in the marketing management department and supervising at the undergraduate and graduate levels; establishing and maintaining a strong research agenda; collaborating with other university departments, partners, and the industry; and service duties at the Department, Faculty and University levels, including participating in curriculum development and in redefining the strategic direction of the unit.
Candidates must hold a PhD or a DBA with a specialization in Marketing or a related field. In addition, the successful candidate must present evidence of:
- a strong, emerging research portfolio that is active, innovative and impactful as evidenced by but not limited to: publications in top-tier academic journals [as referenced in the ABDC list] in Marketing, peer reviewed publications, working papers, book chapters, presentations at significant conferences, awards and accolades, noteworthy activities relating to the research [e.g. industry partnerships/experience] that helps share scholarly outcomes to a broader audience, and a recognized standing in the field of Marketing.
- demonstrated potential for teaching excellence as evidenced by a teaching dossier (which may include a teaching philosophy, teaching accomplishments, including experience with course/curriculum review/development, excellent contemporary pedagogical practice, sample syllabi and teaching evaluations);
- strong communication and expository skills and a demonstrated ability to supervise undergraduate and graduate students;
- commitment to our values of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion as it pertains to service, teaching, and scholarly research or creative activities, including a demonstrated ability to make learning accessible and inclusive for a diverse student population; and
- an ability to contribute to the life of the Department and the University through collegial service.
Serving a highly diverse student population of over 45,000, with 100+ undergraduate and graduate programs built on the integration of theoretical and practical learning and distinguished by a professionally focussed curriculum with a strong emphasis on excellence in teaching, research and creative activities, Ryerson is a vibrant, urban university known for its culture of innovation, entrepreneurship, community engagement and city-building through its award-winning architecture.
Department of Marketing and the Ted Rogers School of Management
The Department of Marketing Management is a growing department in TRSM, committed to a bolder and bigger new program evolution. The Department is part of the AACSB accredited Ted Rogers School of Management (TRSM), which is developing collaborative, creative leaders who will drive 21st century business forward while making a positive impact on society. Home to 11,000+ students and more than 250 industry-connected faculty, TRSM is Canada's leading diverse, entrepreneurial business school centred in an urban learning environment. TRSM offers 12 Bachelor of Commerce degrees, a Bachelor of Health Administration degree, a Masters of Health Administration in Community Care, the Ted Rogers MBA, Professional Masters Diplomas, Executive Education courses, a Masters of Science in Management, and a PhD in Management. TRSM is also home to 15 innovative research centres, institutes and labs. To learn more about our Schools, please visit www.ryerson.ca/tedrogersschool.
Working at Ryerson
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. At Ryerson and within our department/school, we firmly believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are integral to this path; our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
Dedicated to a people first culture, Ryerson is proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and a Greater Toronto’s Top Employer. We invite you to explore the range of benefits and supports available to faculty and their family, including access to our diverse faculty and staff networks.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application online via the Faculty Recruitment Portal (click on “Start Application Process” to begin). The committee will begin reviewing applications beginning March 1st 2021 and will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. The application must contain the following:
- a letter of application and a detailed curriculum vitae (CV must indicate ABDC journal ranking);
- a statement of research interests;
- up to 3 recent peer reviewed journal publications
- a teaching dossier and results of teaching evaluations; and
- names of three individuals who may be contacted for academic references.
Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority, in accordance with Canadian immigration regulations. Candidates must therefore indicate in their application if they are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada.
Confidential inquiries can be directed to Dr. Mathieu Lajante [email@example.com], Chair of the Department Hiring Committee, Marketing Management.
Indigenous candidates who would like to learn more about working at Ryerson University are welcome to contact Tracey King, Indigenous Human Resources Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any confidential accommodation needs in order to participate in the recruitment and selection process and/or inquiries regarding accessing the Faculty Recruitment Portal, please contact Jennifer Tejay, HR Advisor at email@example.com
Faculty Job Postings