Research Support Specialist
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Posted:||August 16, 2012|
|Vacancy Type:||Term Vacancy Notice
|End:||1 year from start date|
|Department:||Ted Rogers School of Management|
|Salary Scale:||$55,973 - $89,556|
|Hours of Work:||36.25|
- Monitors research productivity at the Ted Rogers School of Management (TRSM) and assists the Associate Dean with implementing research support programs. This includes monitoring research productivity as it relates to deliverables in return for support for SRC travel.
- Benchmarks research productivity at TRSM against other faculties within Ryerson and other B-schools in Canada. Generates all reports and performance dashboards related to research productivity for internal reporting at Ryerson University as well as for external reporting, such as AACSB.
- Identifies funding opportunities within Ryerson, Canada and abroad and assists in developing proposals for funding in response to requests for proposals by granting agencies.
- Collects, documents, tabulates and evaluates research deliverables from TRSM faculty. Develops quantitative reports on research productivity, and reviews the quality of publications by faculty members by comparing journal impact factors, acceptance rates, and other metrics of academic quality.
- Working closely with the Director of Finance, monitors budgets and resources associated with research.
- Develops and maintains databases on research productivity of faculty members at TRSM using web-based database tools. Assists faculty and clients (graduate students, visiting research Fellows, etc.) in the design, execution and evaluation of research projects, including literature reviews, surveys, focus groups, data integration and analysis.
- Provides statistical / econometric consulting support to faculty members at TRSM and facilitates workshops in quantitative methods related to research projects for TRSM faculty and graduate students.
- Completion of a Bachelor in economics, statistics, economic geography, or quantitative psychology with experience in programming and data analysis. Master degree in the mentioned areas is a very strong asset.
- Extensive graduate coursework in econometrics and statistical analysis is preferred.
- 3+ years work experience in applied analytics involving econometrics and statistical analysis.
- Experience in research monitoring and budget management.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical analysis, such as SAS, Stata, Eviews, R, SPSS, or LimDep is required. Proficiency with advanced statistical and econometrics techniques required.
Candidate may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through an occupational test. Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality. NOTE: This is a 3-year contract with full benefits.
Deadline to Apply: Posted until filled.
Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.